Re: daily build 12/12/11 amd64

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:45 AM, richard  wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:01:38 -0500
> Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Richard wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > I used the daily build 12/12/11 for a clean install on a amd64 machine,
>> > the network dchp problem is fixed, but the graphical install still freezes
>> > on the first page, or could be no response to mouse or keyboard.
>>
>> Hi, I'm still having trouble understanding exactly where you're trying
>> to say this problem happens.  But anyway, it would be better to submit
>> this as a bug against the debian-installer package.  Make sure to
>> describe exactly the menu items you're selecting (text install,
>> graphic, expert?), and even describe the screens that do work so we
>> can get a feel for where this happens.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Mike
>>

> Uhmmm, I seem to have a problem, with my native language.

Sorry, I hope my response didn't seem rude.  I didn't intend it that
way.  Bug reports are good, and don't worry about your english, we'll
work through it.

> try selecting graphical install goes to the first page and does nothing,.

Is that the same thing that happens with the text install?

>  no response to anything apart from the power switch.
> Its a waste of time putting in a bug report if that cant be understood,
>
> I give up :(

On the "Installer boot menu" screen, you can get to advanced features
by pressing ESC first (you can type "help" to get info there, then
press the F1-F10 keys to get help).  Since it's a display issue, the
vga and fb (framebuffer) options may be useful.   For example, you
could try:

   install vga=771 fb=false

Anyway, lots of stuff to fiddle with.  If you find something that
works, let us know what it is and what the exact hardware is that
you're using.

Best wishes,
Mike