Re: Proposal: convert all udebs to xz compression

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 13:26, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
> So my proposal is to switch the udeb compression default in dpkg to xz
> for wheezy, when the busybox and udpkg changes have landed.  Then most
> udebs will get a translation upload anyway, if not they can be binNMUed
> to pick up the right compression.

>From your detailed analisys it does seem it is safe to move this way.
The increase in busybox size is quite small and it seems to be the
right time to do that change as we'll have enough time to have
feedback about it.

>From my side you have a "go ahead" but I'd like to hear from Colin and
Joey if they can think about any con about doing it.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br