Re: lower debconf priority and install additional package via a postinst script

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Nikos Voutsinas (nvoutsin@gmail.com):
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to install some additional packages via a custom .udeb
>> that run just before finish-install step of the debian installer
>> (which runs with priority critical).  What seems to be tricky is how
>

> Side comment, but D-I does, by default, run with priority high, not
> critical.

In our case, the installation procedure  is mostly driven by a
preseed.cfg and I had to change the default d-i priority to critical.
The critical priority of d-i proved to be a good choice because of the
sane defaults and because it allowed us to keep the preseed.cfg quite
simple.

However for only 2 or 3 extra packages I need to lower priority to
medium and since I haven't found a way to achieve this from within
preseed.cfg (Is there a way?), I created an extra .udeb that runs at
the last stage, hoping that this would help. Unfortunately the results
were not  what I expected.