Re: Mirroring win32-loader.exe in debian/tools/ [dak patch]

Le Thursday 20 January 2011 23:21:28 Joerg Jaspert, vous avez écrit :
> On 12364 March 1977, Didier Raboud wrote:
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=users/odyx-guest/dak.git;a=commit;h=fa17934bcca1
> > 2a557d29ebd6710ec6084773255d Please review, cheers,
>
> I did. Have some changes, the commit log says:
>
>     win32-loader autobyhand
>
>     fix dak.conf by closing }; the entry.
>     use proper set statements
>     use scriptvars and later on $ftpdir instead of writing full path
>     drop error() function, only used once.
>     proper indentation
>     change target path to build a win32-loader/$SUITE tree so different
> suites can have different installer for win32 remove unused trap - and
> call to undefined function cleanup.

Nice; thanks for having taken care of my imperfect code. :-)

> The second to last - I *guessed* this could be needed, but you are the
> expert: Does this win32-loader thing change enough between suites (or
> the installer stuff it loads) to merit that, or could one version
> uploaded for squeeze today be used in a few years for wheezy too? (Or
> vice versa).

Lenny's win32-loader will probably be able to install Squeeze, but reversely,
the Squeeze win32-loader has seen a pretty big pile of changes: kfreebsd
support, Windows 7 support, etc. What sounds certain is that Squeeze's win32-
loader will not be able to install Wheezy Stable Debian/Hurd. :-p

So in short; I think that keeping those win32-loader.exe in sync with the
packages versions in testing/stable is a good thing.

If I understand all that patch correctly, this implies that any "byhand" file
referred in a win32-loader_*.changes will land in debian/tools/win32-
loader/${SUITE}/ ; with the additional constraint that the upload has to be
against -proposed-updates. In short, it means that we will be managing the
transitions of win32-loader by hand (eh…).

I'm wondering if we should get an "unstable" $SUITE, which would provide users
an easy and clear way to test the latest win32-loader (before one uploads to -
proposed-updates). FTP-Master, what do you think ?

> This is merged and pushed now, so even if we change the target path, it
> should be able to upload already.

I will upload a win32-loader with a byhand win32-loader{.exe,txt} to squeeze-
proposed-updates.

Cheers,

OdyX

--