Re: d-i errata for Squeeze RC1
added the keyboard configuration issue.
Ter, 2011-01-11 às 22:10 +0100, Julien Cristau escreveu:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:15:54 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 20:14:09 +0000, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > since last version i sent to the mailing lists i made the following
> > > changes:
> > >
> > Please add
> > - the keyboard configuration screen for the graphical installer in Greek
> > language is broken (#609624)
> Make that 'Greek, Persian, Hebrew, Traditional Chinese, Punjabi and
> Icelandic languages'.
Melhores cumprimentos/Best regards,
RCS file: /cvs/webwml/webwml/english/devel/debian-installer/errata.wml,v
retrieving revision 1.150
diff -u -r1.150 errata.wml
--- errata.wml 9 Dec 2010 02:38:25 -0000 1.150
+++ errata.wml 11 Jan 2011 21:30:36 -0000
@@ -1,22 +1,39 @@
#use wml::debian::template title="Debian-Installer errata"
-<h1 id="squeeze-beta2">Errata for squeeze release beta 2</h1>
+<h1 id="squeeze-rc1">Errata for squeeze release candidate 1</h1>
-This is a list of known problems in the squeeze beta 2 release of
-Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here,
+This is a list of known problems in the squeeze release candidate 1 of
+the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here,
please send us an <a href="report-template">installation report</a>
describing the problem.
- <dt>Speech synthesis not working in user session</dt>
- <dd>When installing the desktop task in English with accessibility
- (braille or speech) enabled, speech synthesis works at the gdm login
- prompt, but does not work in the user session. The workaround is to
- login in a text console and remove the festival package.</dd>
+ <dt>Keyboard configuration for the graphical installer is broken for several languages</dt>
+ The graphical installer for Greek, Persian, Hebrew, Traditional
+ Chinese, Punjabi and Icelandic languages has a text encoding issue
+ and all users get is a bunch of question marks.<br />
+ See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/609624">#609624</a>
+ Fails to boot after successful install on a btrfs root</dt>
+ <dd>The installation finishes as normal, but after reboot it results
+ into an initramfs busybox prompt.<br />
+ See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/608538">#608538</a>.
+ <dt>Windows is not added to the grub list<dt>
+ The Debian Installer detects Windows during installation but
+ it not adds it to the grub boot menu. As workaround, after installing,
+ run update-grub.<br />
+ See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/608025">#608025</a>.
<dt>Makes incompatible partition table with MacOS 9</dt>
<dd>It was reported that the partitioning tool in the installer makes
the partition table unrecognizable by MacOS 9 which no longer boots.
@@ -56,13 +73,6 @@
See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/519254">#519254</a>.
- <dt>Failed to install on powerpc NewWorld with added disk controller</dt>
- yaboot: failed to install boot loader with addon Promise card
- as disk controller on powerpc NewWorld.
- See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/589701">#589701</a>.
<dt>Buggy routers may cause network problems</dt>
If you experience network problems during the installation, this may be
@@ -106,18 +116,6 @@
systems over 16TiB in size.
- <dt>armel: root on RAID boot issue</dt>
- Please be aware that there is a problem if you choose to have root on RAID
- that will cause your machine not to start after installing Debian.
- Fortunately, there's a easy workaround: when the installer tells you that
- it's done and asks you whether you want to reboot, choose "Go back" and
- open a shell in the menu. Then use nano to edit the file
- <tt>/target/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/flash_kernel_set_root</tt> and remove
- the check that ensures the root device exists. Type exit, choose "Make the
- system bootable" and press okay at the "Installation complete" message.
<dt>s390: unsupported features</dt>