Re: Thai support in framebuffer d-i: test images available

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 February 2010, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
>> In fact, what I observed was not true. When I checked it again, I found
>> that not all cases had this problem. Only one or two did. And the lines
>> with this problem happened to be long enough to touch the dialog border.
>> So, I tend to believe it's newt's problem.
>
> So you think the problem is incorrect calculation of line length and thus
> incorrect line wrapping? I guess the combining chars could throw off that
> calculation.

Yes, that's a potential cause. Now I can reproduce it on gnome-terminal
and uxterm using this command:

LANG=th_TH.UTF-8 whiptail --title "ทดสอบวรรณยุกต์" \
  --msgbox "วรรณยุกต์อยู่ท้ายบรรทัดได้หรือไม่" 8 24

(The LANG setting is just to ensure UTF-8 locale. You can test it on, say,
en_US.UTF-8 locale as well.)

You can see the combining character is missing in the first line.
And the OK button is randomly distorted on different calls.

So, now I think it's newt's problem. I'll file a bug soon.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/