Re: l10n: something weird happened to Slovenian translations

Quoting Vanja Cvelbar (cvelbar@gmail.com):
> Christian PERRIER wrote:
> >After yesterday's l10n-sync, Slovenian translations in D-I level 1
> >(all sublevels) are down to 0%.
> >
> >From what I see in the commit logs I received by mail, these
> >translations were complete after Vanja committed them....but went to
> >0% after the automated l10n-sync run of Feb 16th.
> >
> >Not being online right now, I can't revert back my local copy to a
> >correct version and try to reproduce what happened.
> >
> >I just wanted to mention this publicly so that it is known that I am
> >aware about this. Not sure when I'll have time (online) to investigate
> >this, though.
> >
> Maybe I have found something.
>
> file sublevel?/sl.po
> sublevel1/sl.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text
> sublevel2/sl.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
> sublevel3/sl.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
> sublevel4/sl.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
> sublevel5/sl.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
>
> the file in the sublevel1 was edited with gtranslator, the others
> were edited with poedit.
> I have now committed the updated file just for the sublevel1. If it
> works I'll upload tomorrow also the other sublevels.

The problem was not exactly that.

Reverting to what you committed:

d-i@ravel:~/svn/trunk/packages/po/sublevel2$ msgfmt -o /dev/null --statistics sl.po
sl.po:3903: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:3901: ...this is the location of the first definition
sl.po:3968: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:3964: ...this is the location of the first definition
sl.po:3985: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:3983: ...this is the location of the first definition
sl.po:4142: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:4140: ...this is the location of the first definition
sl.po:4227: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:4225: ...this is the location of the first definition
sl.po:4258: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:4256: ...this is the location of the first definition
sl.po:4578: duplicate message definition...
sl.po:4576: ...this is the location of the first definition
msgfmt: found 7 fatal errors

The same msgid appears twice in the file. Nicht gut..:-)

    msguniq is your friend....:-)

...and msgfmt is *always* your friend before committing a PO file...