installer DMA issue

Hi all,

I have a problem when installing Debian Lenny on a Motorola blade.
This particular blade has a hardware issue. It incorrectly reports DMA
support for CF slot. I tried to boot the installer in Expert mode with
ide-core.nodma=... but without any effect. cat /proc/ide/hdc/settings
still reports DMA usage for the CF slot. Disabling DMA over
/proc/.../hdc didn't help either. Is there any other way how to
disable DMA and force PIO in Debian installer or I have to build a
kernel for the installer without DMA support?

Thank you.
Michal Filka