Re: Correction on Sarge Installer

The SparcStation 5 have CD-Rom drvie but it's broken (don't mount any CD). The SparcClassic simply don't have Cd-Rom drive. I tried via floppies but it was pain in the neck. I'm just installing it via tftp image.
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:
Hello,

Julien Savard <juliensavard17@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have any suggestion exept tweaking old debian installer I'm open to
> any idea.

Which installation media do you use?
Do you have the possibility to boot from cdrom?

In that case, it should be possible to use a full binary installation cd
and install completely from it without requiring a mirror.
Try the  'debian-31r8-sparc-binary-1.iso'  from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/3.1_r8/sparc/iso-cd/
and perform the install, let's say only installing the 'standard
system' task.

With this system, you should be able to compile your own kernel or
install more packages (you could of course download the other cd images
from above url and use them to install additional packages).

Holger

--

Created with Sylpheed 2.5.0