Re: partman-zfs

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 12:35:28AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> I noticed these warnings in the PTS page for partman-zfs:
>
> # partman-zfs/i386 unsatisfiable Depends: zfsutils-udeb (>= 8.1-4)
> # partman-zfs/i386 unsatisfiable Depends: zfs-modules
>
> Does this mean the Architecture field in partman-zfs should
> be moved from "all" to "kfreebsd-any" ?

britney does check arch:all instability only on i386, I'm afraid.

> I intentionally used "all" because partman-ufs (which is
> kfreebsd-specific) is set to "all" too, and so are the rest
> of filesystems, most of which are linux-specific.

partman-ufs's deps *are* satisfied on i386, due to ufs-modules being
available.

> No problem on my side with changing it, but I had this
> feeling that making a script happy is the wrong reason.
> I.e. if the reason is valid for partman-zfs, I guess it'd be
> valid for partman-ufs and the rest.

No, because partman-ufs is indeed also working on Linux.  Now you could,
of course, argue that this might not be true for the hurd or another
new kernel, but that's a thing we are ignoring in many more places at
this point (i.e. Linux is still "special", and will be for quite some
time).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern