Re: busybox: pushing patches upstream (was: debian (lenny) installer via serial console does not support hardware flow control (for serial over lan))

Package: busybox-static
Version: 1:1.17.1-6
Severity: normal

It's apparently related to http://bugs.debian.org/472653 and
http://bugs.debian.org/498029

> > shell-ash-export-HOME.patch - exports PATH. bash doesn't do it. Why?

My best guess is to save a few bytes in the startup scripts.

> > strip.patch - why? it seems to work fine as-is

Probably, but then the Debian scripts can't control whether to strip or
not, which is needed for debugging etc. Also the strip may not exactly
fit the Debian needs.

Samuel