Re: patch to handle https in debootstrap

(CC'ing Jonathan in case he's not subscribed to -boot)

Quoting Miguel Figueiredo (elmig@debianpt.org):
> On 09-09-2010 09:42, Jonathan Klee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here is a patch to handle https in debootstrap. This is my first patch so please be indulgent :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jonathan
>
> This seems to address #521196.

Thanks Miguel for looking into this. I feel a will to help in D-I
devel stuff that warms my heart....

So, well, how about sending the patch to the bug report, maybe commit
it, and convince Jonathan that new contributions to debootstrap are
very much welcomed (I'm afraid that this piece of code doesn't receive
the love it deserves)?