Re: Interested in adding UBIFS support to d-i

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Bill Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com> wrote:
> I'm considering adapting the installer (well, partman I guess) to work
> on a non-x86, embedded platform I have here.  The platform uses UBIFS
> as the root filesystem, in NAND flash.  The presentation is similar to
> what the GuruPlug guys have to deal with.

This will require involvimeent in GNU Parted since  this is the tool
used for the partitioning.

> I'm experienced with Debian as a user, but I have never hacked around
> in the installer.  Can someone point me in the right direction
> regarding the partitioning and formatting parts of the above?  The
> documentation I have found so far seems to address the preseeding
> topic, but I haven't found much information on how to hack the
> partition setup and formatting portions of the installer.  Any advice
> would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you to look at:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/internals/
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/talks/debconf6/

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br