Re: Switching default install entry to graphical installer?

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> (09/08/2010):
> I suspect it is related to the fact that the g-i images use a
> different udeb to set up the console than the non-g-i images, but do
> not really know.
>
> Is this a known problem?

Mentioned in Feb/Mar 2010, at least.

IIRC/AFAICT console-setup is used in d-i (udeb), and the questions get
asked again when keyboard-configuration (deb) [or maybe console-setup
(deb)?] is configured. In a perfect world, files/settings should be
propagated to the target environment, and used to preseed the
templates, and skip the question if appropriate.

But that's only based on my recollection / current grasp of the
situation.

Mraw,
KiBi.