Re: Preseeding Automated PXE Boot

On Thursday 22 July 2010, Ed Kohlwey wrote:
> If I run this command from another machine on the LAN I get output from
> grep showing "Codename:squeeze", so its clear to me there's something
> misconfigured or broken in d-i.

That's the wrong assumption. Assume there's something wrong in your setup
instead.

> Eventually, after trying to retrieve the release file from a few
> different directories the log shows the final error:
>
> WARNING **: mirror does not support the specified release (squeeze)

Which most likely means that your mirror is broken in some way.

Please try a manual installation both from an official mirror and from your
mirror and compare the log files. If you cannot find and solve the problem
yourself, send the syslog of the install from your mirror.

Cheers,
FJP