Re: No install guide for armel for stable

On Monday 24 May 2010, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I noticed that http://www.debian.org/ports/arm/ refers to the arm
> install guide and release notes rather than to that of armel.  Since
> are is deprecated, I wanted to change the links to armel but then I
> noticed is that there's no install guide for armel for stable (the
> release notes are available).  See
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/armel/
>
> Do you know why this is the case and what to do about it?

You need your memory banks overhauled ;-)

Lenny *does* still have arm. We changed the installation guide to armel
only *after* the lenny release because arm was dropped for Squeeze.

All Lenny documentation for arm is equally valid for armel. So as discussed
and decided previously, for stable nothing needs to (nor can be) be done
about it.

The links on the ports page should be changed to armel conditionally using
an 'if-stable-release' tag so that the new links get activated
automatically at the time of the Squeeze release.