Hurd Debian-Installer: roadmap, tracking progress with the BTS
Starting today I will be working on a native Hurd debian-installer.
This is a Google Summer of Code project mentored by Samuel Thibault.
My original proposal is there, and I will be updating a roadmap
page as I go. Of course I would welcome any kind of feedback about
them at any point.
I would also welcome suggestions about using the BTS to track my
progress. If I understand correctly, I could:
* track the bugs which I work on with a usertag
* pre-file wishlist bugs on the packages which I will need to change
* have a toplevel "Hurd d-i" bug which is blocked by said bugs
The kind of bugs I would be filing/tagging at first would be:
* debian-installer: native Hurd debian-installer
* busybox: Hurd support (see also #323670)
* genext2fs: support tuning the block size and creator OS (#562999)
* gnumach: initrd support
More would be filed (especially against installer components) as I progress.
Would this be appropriate?
Jérémie Koenig <firstname.lastname@example.org>