Re: Do you still maintain mouseemu in Debian?

Hi Petter

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:40:39AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Hi, Gaudenz.  I am planning to integrate a patch to hw-detect from
> Ubuntu, which installs the mouseemu package by default on Mac machines
> likely to only have one mouse button.  But I notice the Ubuntu version
> of mouseemu have a lot of fixes that are missing in the Debian
> package, and that it is 3 years since you last uploaded a new version
> of mouseemu.  RC bugs in the debian package seem to be fixed in
> Ubuntu.  Are you still maintaining the package?  If so, please apply
> the available patches to make it fit for release and upload it to
> unstable.

I still maintain mouseemu (at least in theory), but I agree that my
maintenance activity was suboptimal at best in the recent past. Since I
no longer use my powerbook as my primary development machine.

Also sinde the synaptic touchpad got support for two and three finger
tapping mouseemu is not longer strictly necessary to get right and
middle clicks on the machines having a touchpad supported by the
synaptics driver.

I'm not sure if mouseemu (at least in it's current status) should be
activated by default on these machines. I'd prefer to have the two and
three finger tapping acivated by default instead.

Back to mouseemu: I plan to work on at least the RC bug next week. But I
also welcome any contributions from others. Mouseemu is on collab-maint
[1] and any DD should have commit access to the repository.

Gaudenz

[1] svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/deb-maint/mouseemu/trunk

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.