Re: boot problem after installation - device names changed

* Martin Minka <martin.minka@gmail.com> [2010-05-13 14:37]:
> Unfortunately I don't see the UBoot output, but when I try boot with
> rescue image or start installation again I see the the /dev/sda1 is
> swap and not /boot, so the order of disks changed.
>
> Is this change of disk order the problem why system is not booting ?
> Is this normal behaviour ?

It's documented in the errata for lenny.  In squeeze, this has been
fixed by the use of UUIDs to refer to partitions rather than fragile
names like sdX than can change.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/