Re: boot problem after installation - device names changed

* Martin Minka <martin.minka@gmail.com> [2010-05-13 14:37]:
> Unfortunately I don't see the UBoot output, but when I try boot with
> rescue image or start installation again I see the the /dev/sda1 is
> swap and not /boot, so the order of disks changed.
> Is this change of disk order the problem why system is not booting ?
> Is this normal behaviour ?

It's documented in the errata for lenny.  In squeeze, this has been
fixed by the use of UUIDs to refer to partitions rather than fragile
names like sdX than can change.

Martin Michlmayr