Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: May 17)

On Friday 30 April 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
> It's time for another upload of the Installation Guide. As we're getting
> closer to the Squeeze release I will drop incomplete translations this
> time. Most translations need updates.
>
> The deadline for translation updates is in two weeks: Monday May 17.

10 days left.

> Status info can be found at:
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/
>
> The current status for XML-based translations is:
> German, French: complete
> Czech: 12 files need update
> Italian: 13 files need update
> Portuguese (BR): 36 files need update, 2 files untranslated
> Catalan, Spanish: 37 files need update, 2 files untranslated
>
> The current status for PO-based translations is:
> 100%  Vietnamese
> 099%  Japanese
> 099%  Portuguese (PT)
> 099%  Chinese (simplified)
> 098%  Russian
> 098%  Swedish
> 097%  Greek
> 095%  Finnish
> 095%  Korean

Czech and Russian now also complete; Finnish and Italian in progress.

> The following languages may need help from new translators:
> Catalan, Korean, Portuguese (BR), Spanish

Maybe also Greek.

> The following translations look to have been abandoned:
> Basque, Hungarian, Chinese (traditional), Romanian

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. I'll look into the suggested improvements after the release. We are in
a string freeze after all. Thanks for sending them.