Mismatch between d-i's kernel and kernel in local mirror

Hi,

Thank you all for the helping out so far  :)

I am trying to build a Debian(Squeeze) install CD with custom d-i. I checked out d-i source from
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk
I placed the installer/build/dest/cdrom into the local mirror's /dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/cdrom directory.

I've used easy-build.sh to build the CD images.

On running the installer i get the following error:
No kernel modules found. This probably is due to a mismatch between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernel available in the archive.

I used Squeeze's DVD image to make the mirror. The d-i uses kernel version 2.6.32-3-486 from kernel-image-2.6.32-3-486-di.udeb, whereas the Squeeze installation(installed from the same DVD used to make the mirror) on which iam running Debian-cd has the kernel version 2.6.32-3-686.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Vikram