Re: Getting d-i to find firmware on the CD generated by debian-cd

Hi,

On Dienstag, 16. März 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
> An additional issue with non-free firmware is that including it in the way
> you propose would (I think) mean it will get loaded without any prompting
> of the user, which may in some cases violate licence terms.

i thought the same at first, but actually that's not the case. The user is
still asked (by the package) if she wants to accept the licence. (As no
preseeding takes place.)

So there is only the issue of having the firmwares accessable in the first
place, which should be preseeded/preseedable just like using non-free.

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: should this be moved to a proper bug?