Re: Getting d-i to find firmware on the CD generated by debian-cd

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Yesterday, I figured out a workaround for this, and I wanted to
> share the solution with the rest of you, and ask if perhaps the
> default behaviour of debian-cd or d-i (hw-detect) should change to
> make this workaround unneeded.

Further testing of this fix proved that it is insufficient.  hw-detect
call check-missing-firmware, which look on several devices (disk, USB
sticks, floppies) for firmware, but fail to look on the CD itself.
This, I must admit, is very sad.  I had a look at the source of
check-missing-firmware and saw it was looking in the firmware/
directory of several devices, and assumed it would also check the boot
media, but no. :(

Should hw-detect also look for firmware on the CD?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen