Re: How to Tweak the GTK frontend to debian-installer

On 02:14 Tue 09 Mar     , vikram wrote:
> hi,

Hi,

> iam trying to tweak the GTK front end to debian installer. Basically skip some
> steps via preseeding and add some images to the GNOME control applet(i hope
> thats what its called).
>
> Iam reading up on debian-installer from http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/
> internals/.
>
> I am new to this, and all the googling i have done hasnt helped much with
> customizing the GTK front end. Is there any how-to i should be reading, iam
> hoping to find some guidance on this here.

I think you mean customizing the gtk theme during the installation.

You need to do these changes in the rootskel-gtk package and add a new changelog
entry and then put your new package in the localudebs directory. Then when doing
the image build your rootskel-gtk package will be used instead of the official
one.

Hope it helps

Greetings,
--