Re: Status of g-i / showing x11 based g-i prototype at CeBIT

On Friday 19 February 2010, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Short version:
> May / should we show kibi's prototype of an x11 based installer at the
> upcoming CeBIT?

I don't see why not.

BUT...

Please don't make a big deal out of it! From a user perspective there is
nothing new as the X-based graphical installer looks and works EXACTLY the
same as the graphical installer we allready had in Etch and Lenny.

So you could just as well just show "babelbox" for Lenny [1] and it would
only be a very, very savvy user who would see any difference.

The only change is technical, not functional. It may have some benefits for
porting to other arches, but that's about it.

And please DO NOT announce it as a "new feature" for Squeeze as:
1) the switch is not 100% certain yet (although very likely)
2) there's not really anything new

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/BabelBox