Re: Has anybody recently done a Debian install on a playstation-3?

	Hi.

Em Ter, 2010-02-16 às 11:27 -0800, Geoff Levand escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/15/2010 09:13 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > Norberto is having trouble getting Debian to install on his PS3.  It's
> > a bit out of my usual line, so any advice from somebody who has done
> > it will be much appreciated!
>
> I just tested the current daily-build (08-Feb-2010 00:09) from here:
>
>   http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/powerpc/daily/powerpc64/netboot/
>
> The installer fails on network config.
	Good news. I just tested the current testing netboot build (12-Feb-2010) from:

http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc64/netboot/

	The installation was sucesfull without any modification. The ps3 net
card was recognized and configured. The only thing is the message of the
installer that no suitable kernel image package can be found, and that
no bootloader was installed. I just install manually the kernel and
configure the yaboot.conf.

	Next I will try the squeeze_di_alpha1.

	Regards.
	Fabiano.