Re: Some patches for mklibs

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 09:31:19PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> The second patch makes it possible to use that instead (meaning some
> library reduction can happen, as opposed to using mklibs-copy):
>   MKLIBS = mklibs -X /usr/lib/xorg/modules

Please specify your problem first.  Just don't include the broken shared
objects on the commandline.

> AFAICT (please keep in mind I'm quite new to this), the issue was that
> an X module was needing some symbols available in another X module,
> without referencing it (I guess one plugin gets access to the other
> plugin's symbols through the Xorg binary itself).

There is a reason why dynamic symbols in executables are discuraged, you
found it.

> Modernize exception raising.
> Raising string exceptions is deprecated, turn strings into proper
> Exception objects.

Okay. However please use more matching exceptions.

> Add support for excluding some DSO based on filename patterns.

Nack. You did not properly specify the problem you want to fix.

Oh, that sound of male ego.  You travel halfway across the galaxy and
it's still the same song.
		-- Eve McHuron, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1