Re: Thai support in framebuffer d-i

On Wednesday 10 February 2010, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> It's the *normal* installer.

OK. I just wanted to make sure.
Then please send the files I asked for in my other mail.

> TTF? I think directfb uses bitmap font. And if it's the TTF used in G-I,
> I as the font maintainer know well they are not missing.

The graphical installer includes ttf-thai-tlwg-udeb. So I'd expect that to
be used. Do we also include a bitmap font somehow? If we do, then we
should drop one or the other as including a font that is not used is a
waste of memory.

As you probably know we do extra stripping of the TTF fonts for the udebs.
So the font used in the installer does not necessarily have all the same
codepoints as the one in the regular deb.

> In fact, the G-I console does need a monospace font. But currently
> only one proportional font is provided in the ttf-thai-tlwg udeb.
> And it's really ugly when used on the G-I console, due to the
> dotted circles added to combining characters by Pango.

Changing the font that's used can be discussed, but its probably best to
wait until the graphical installer is enabled again.