Re: r62202 - trunk/packages/cdebconf/debian

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
>> > The best alternative is to try to convince the s390 buildd admin to
>> > allow rootskel-gtk to build for s390 (good luck with that). Limiting
>> > the arches for cdebconf-gtk would be a bad solution as it goes against
>> > general packaging conventions: we don't limit packages to arches
>> > unless there's a technical reason to do so, not just because it's not
>> > used.
>>
>> I agree with this point of view. This looks to be the most logical
>> solution for it.
>
> Also note that if we do switch to X.Org I want to try to get the graphical
> installer working on my Sparc Ultra 10 again. And I'm also getting an
> arm-based netbook soon for which I'd like to try it.
>
> So not having cdebconf-gtk in the archive for those arches would be
> inconvenient.

Yes; I thought about it after you said about "technical reason" above.

To avoid problems in next migration I'm making the depends [!s390] but
I want to try to get rootskel-gtk built in s390 since it has no
technical reason to not do that.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br