Unable to install Debian from USB

Hello,

I'm reposting this problem since I did not get any replies to my previous message.

For quite a while now I am unable to install Debain from a USB pendrive. I've been doing this before, and it worked well. Also, I am used to live with a "testing" distro. So I'm quite frustrated.

I just did the following:

  curl -L -O http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/daily/hd-media/boot.img.gz
  curl -L -O http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-businesscard.iso
  # become root
  zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/disk/by-id/usb-PNY_ATTACHE_PRO_07750E180008-0\:0
  mount /dev/disk/by-id/usb-PNY_ATTACHE_PRO_07750E180008-0\:0 /media/usb
  cp debian-testing-amd64-businesscard.iso /media/usb
  umount /media/usb

With the pendrive plugged into the target machine (AMD Athlon 64), I reboot, press F11 to get into the boot menu device, and select the named pendrive. The debian splash screen shows up, and I select "Install". The splash screen disappears. I see a line

  (process:1067): INFO: kbd-mode: setting console mode to Unicode (UTF-8)

As Felix explained, 'nopat' would help. Typing "install nopat" at the boot prompt makes the installer show the language selection shows up, but I cannot select anything. The keyboard is completely dead.

I'm using an Apple USB keyboard which behaves well on my laptop (installed the same way).

Any help is appreciated. Tell me in case I should deliver any further information.

Kind regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan Klinger                                      o/klettern
                                                    /\/  bis zum