Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

Le Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:27:01PM -0300, Rogério Brito a écrit :

> It seems that on some G5 machines, snd-powerpc could cause some lock
> ups, but the problem was reported ages ago and it seems to have been
> fixed. I'm not sure if Charles Plessy (in CC) still has his dual G5 and
> can test it, but I seem to recall that he once had the problem and,
> months latter, tested it again and didn't find any problems with
> snd-powermac.

Helo Rogério and everybody,

I have indeed made a test last year on an iMac G5, and did not experience lock
ups anymore, so I think that the problem is solved on that side.

By the way, I have returned the now old dual G5 to the computer service at my
workplace and will not be able to make tests on it anymore as I am now using
the amd64 port on Intel hardware now. I still have the iMac G5 at home, and it
is used by somebody else. Linux is still bootable, but unless nobody else can
do tests, I would prefer not taking risks by making new installer tests. I have
updated the following wiki page accordingly (by deleting my name).

http://wiki.debian.org/VolunteersForPowerPC

Have a nice day, and thank you very much for your dedication to this port !

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan