Re: Review of console-setup wrt D-I [very long]

On Sunday 28 June 2009, Colin Watson wrote:
> I think we should stop asking this question entirely. Hardly anyone
> really needs anything other than pc105, except for the Brazilian and
> Japanese cases that can be derived automatically from the keyboard
> layout anyway.

How appropriate is pc105 as a default?

None of the 7 keyboards [1] I have here has the extra "LSGT" key ("<"
+ ">"), so they are all pc104...

But I agree that in principle it can be derived from the layout. AFAIK the
US layout is pc104 while the European layouts (including the English and
Dutch one) are pc105. See for example [2].

[1] 3 PS/2; 1 USB; 1 Sun type 5; 2 laptop
[2] http://www.cherrykeyboardsrus.co.uk/images/g83-6000 ps2 v05(2).pdf