[RFC] Packages that looks ready for uploading

Hello folks,

I've been finally able to take a more careful look at our repository and
make up a list of packages that I believe we ought to upload.

Please, if you're one of responsable by the package and you agree with
me please go ahead and upload it or comment why you believe it is not
ready.

Packages that looks OK for upload
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

apt-setup
arcboot-installer
auto-install
cdebconf
clock-setup
colo-installer
finish-install
grub-installer
installation-report
iso-scan
kickseed
libdebian-installer
lilo-installer
linux-kernel-di-alpha-2.6
linux-kernel-di-mips-2.6
linux-kernel-di-mipsel-2.6
linux-kernel-di-s390-2.6
linux-kernel-di-sparc-2.6
linux-modules-di-alpha-2.6
linux-modules-di-armel-2.6
linux-modules-di-hppa-2.6
linux-modules-di-ia64-2.6
linux-modules-di-mips-2.6
linux-modules-di-mipsel-2.6
linux-modules-di-powerpc-2.6
linux-modules-di-s390-2.6
linux-modules-di-sparc-2.6
live-installer
localechooser
lowmem
main-menu
mdcfg
mountmedia
nobootloader
partconf
partitioner # someone need to upload it after we've parted in
partman-auto
partman-auto-lvm
partman-base # i'll take it
partman-basicfilesystems
partman-crypto
partman-ext3
partman-jfs
partman-md
partman-partitioning
partman-reiserfs
partman-xfs
pkgsel
prep-installer
preseed
quik-installer
rescue
rootskel-gtk
sibyl-installer
silo-installer
yaboot-installer
zipl-installer

Packages that has translation-only or really trivial changes

aboot-installer
anna
cdebconf-entropy
cdebconf-terminal
cdrom-checker
cdrom-detect
cdrom-retriever
efi-reader
elilo-installer
kbd-chooser
lvmcfg
media-retriever
net-retriever
netcfg
network-console
partman-auto-crypto
partman-basicmethods
partman-efi
partman-lvm
partman-palo
partman-prep
rootskel
s390-dasd
s390-netdevice
tzsetup
udpkg
user-setup
vmelilo-installer

I think we ought to do a full upload cycle. That will give us the
required feedback of what the real state of the installer and also give
to translators a good feeling of what is the real state of installer in
their language.

I believe we'll end up finding some bugs and will have few days of an
unstable installer but I think this early in cycle it is not a really
bad thing since it will allow us to really get those things deplyed and
receive feedback from users.

Even tough the minor changes and translation-only uploads aren't
/required/ now, I'd like to do those after the first set of packages has
been uploaded so we could do an installer upload and really start the
Alpha1 release preparation.

A very important thing is that porters need to upload their kernel
packages so we really have full installer using latest kernel and
discover problems on it as soon as possible.

Any comments? Objections?

Cheers,

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."