Re: Little preseed question

On Saturday 06 June 2009, MaTa wrote:
> Thanks. Yes, I'm thinking in a little "script" for a late_command, with
> sed. Like:
> d-i preseed/late_command string sed 's/kernel <something>/kernel
> <something> vga=0x17/g' /target/boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> I think can work...

Yes that would work.
Or you could drop a script into /usr/lib/finish-install.d/.

To make your parameters permanent, you really need to add them in the
configuration setting part of the file, i.e. either the line
    # kopt=[...]
or
    # defoptions=[...]

If you want to have them available after the first reboot, you should the
either run update-grub in the /target chroot, or _also_ add them in the
already generated sections for the installed kernel.