Re: Boot d-i and install Debian in the same HD

My tests for now I get a error if I execute a preconfigured (with
preseed.cfg and recipe files) file.

2009/3/18 Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM, MaTa <emfamandraescriure@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm Oriol Matavacas, a Computer Systems Degree Student. First, Sorry
>> for my English, I'm from Barcelona.
>>
>> I'm testing a new type of installation. Please I need your help.
>> Can I boot the Debian installer images (through GRUB + initrd.gz,
>> vmlinuz) (initrd.gz and vmlinuz from hd-media, casper or the
>> "original" from debian installer), and install Debian in the same
>> hard-disk?
>
> Yes you can.
>
>> I would maintain the partition where I save the installation files
>> (initrd.gz, debian packages, all nedded) (in /dev/sda1 partition for
>> example), and install a Debian system in another partition at the same
>> phisically disk (/dev/sda2 for example).
>>
>> Can I "skip" the partman/partitoning step?
>
> Yes
>
>> How I can modify the udebs needed to complete the installation?
>
> What kind of modification?

I want to make/edit the partitions before to launch the installation,
and in the partitions step, only choose a existing partition (with the
preseed.cfg and the "method {keep}" option).
My goal is edit the installation steps list, and skip the partman step
and the dependences with this step. How I can do it? Which file
contains the "steps list" and the "steps dependences"?

>> Where I can find more information?
>
> Installation Guide (http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/)
Sorry, but I can't find the "steps list" and the "steps dependences".

Thanks a lot for response.