Re: Boot parameter and blacklisting

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:22:12 +0100
Arnaud <arnaud@ballin.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first, Congratulations on the recent release of Debian Lenny. :)
>
> i'm trying to boot in pxe with this parameter
>
>  LABEL 2
>    kernel  linux-20090216
>   append auto DEBCONF_PRIORITY=critical DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text
> locale=en_US vga=no url=http://X.X.X.X/preseed.cfg initrd=initrd-20090216.gz
>                interface=eth0  tg3.blacklist=yes   e1000.blacklist=yes --
>

> I use blacklisting kernel modules to prevent it from being loaded
> automatically by the kernel and udev and keep the correct interfaces
> order in a automatic (preseed) install. this blacklisting works
> perfectly in Debian etch ... but not in lenny. the module , for example
> tg3 are loaded during install processing.
>
> thanks for your help
>

> --
> noss
>

> --

Hi,

I currently trying to blacklist module usb-storage to prevent the same king of behaviour.
I preseed lenny installation from PXE network boot. And I blacklist usb-storage like that :

LABEL lenny
        kernel /debian/lenny/i386/linux
        append auto usb_storage.blacklist=yes url=ftp://xxx/xx.preseed
        initrd=/debian/lenny/i386/initrd.gz noacpi --

The entry is correctly add in /etc/modprobe/blacklist.local but the module is
loaded ...

So it seems that udev doesn't take care of /etc/modprobe/blacklist.local.

Any help ?

Thanks a lot in advance

--

Fabien Boucher