Re: C++ in d-i?

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 03:10:43AM +0100, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> Im thinking of gparted. If the d-i team agreed to have this library in d-i, I
> would be happy to rework on having gparted working.

Actually, I really don't think that gparted would be the right tool for
the graphical installer.  Partman has far more capabilities than gparted
has, for example, the later does not know how to handle multiple disks
and device layers (RAID, LVM and crypto for what is supported at the
moment).

I have been toying with the idea of a partman cdebconf plugin for the
graphical installer for a while now, but I have yet to even sketch a
prototype.  And I don't think I will have the time soon… :(

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism