Re: [ITR] templates://console-setup/{console-setup.templates}

Quoting Anton Zinoviev (anton@lml.bas.bg):

> Thank you Christian for initiating this.
>
> > The first step of the process is to review the debconf source template
> > file(s) of console-setup. This review will start on Wednesday, March
> > 04, 2009, or as soon as you acknowledge this mail with an agreement
> > for us to carry out this process.
>
> Currently console-setup is sort of blocking the upload of the new X
> packages to unstable (currently the packages are uploaded only in
> experimental).  I do not know the exact schedule for this (thats why I
> am sending CC to Julien Cristau) but I suppose it will be convenient for
> the X maintainers if I can make an upload before this procedure starts.

The review procedure is really long (more than 1 month) as it also
includes a translaiton update round.

So, blocking an upload for this is asking you too much and I'd suggest
you upload anyway. debian-i18n has been notified of a running review
and translators should not try to send updates for the new templates
you added (maybe some will....because sometimes people do not pay
attention to debian-i18n notices).

> I suppose this upload will be convenient for the reviewers too.  If
> console-setup is not uploaded then the reviewers will have to take the
> templates file from the SVN repository of Debian installer and this is
> not going to be convenient for everybody.

*I* will lead the review and I have access to D-I SVN so that will not
be a problem. I will indeed make the review on an SVN checkout which I
can update as long as you're doing other changes, including new version(s).

To summarize: I think you should go ahead with the upload without
caring about the review now....