Re: [ITR] templates://console-setup/{console-setup.templates}

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 09:19:42AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> The Debian internationalisation team and the Debian English
> localisation team will soon begin the review of the debconf
> templates used in console-setup.

Thank you Christian for initiating this.

> The first step of the process is to review the debconf source template
> file(s) of console-setup. This review will start on Wednesday, March
> 04, 2009, or as soon as you acknowledge this mail with an agreement
> for us to carry out this process.

Currently console-setup is sort of blocking the upload of the new X
packages to unstable (currently the packages are uploaded only in
experimental).  I do not know the exact schedule for this (thats why I
am sending CC to Julien Cristau) but I suppose it will be convenient for
the X maintainers if I can make an upload before this procedure starts.

I suppose this upload will be convenient for the reviewers too.  If
console-setup is not uploaded then the reviewers will have to take the
templates file from the SVN repository of Debian installer and this is
not going to be convenient for everybody.

I don't know what to do in order to tell translators they'd better wait
for the reviewing process to complete.

Anton Zinoviev