Re: New newt terminal plugin

On Monday 16 February 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > I meant being called during a "progress", yes.  I am unsure on how
> > the plugin will react… but we'll figure out once you will have made
> > progress on re-adding support for manual package selection. :)
>
> It does not really need to be re-added, it's never been removed.
> If you run 'tasksel --new-install' on a regular system you'll see the
> option displayed.
>
> Whether it is displayed depends on 'tests/debconf' (see tasks/manual).

P.S.
I just found that in a gtk terminal plugin shell started from the menu, to
run tasksel (after 'chroot /target') you first need to manually unset
DEBIAN_FRONTEND as the newt frontend isn't available for regular
debconf...

Should we clear (part of) the environment when starting shells?

And hmmm, it's rather strange that DEBIAN_FRONTEND is set to *newt* as I
was running the graphical installer...