Re: New newt terminal plugin

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 08:26:23PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 01:31:29PM +0100, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 05:07:57PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > >  * Much more significantly, though, newt is probably already displaying a
> > >  * window. In order to do a good enough job to be able to run a full-screen
> > >  * curses application such as aptitude, we need to tell it to tear
> > >  * everything down, and then we need to put it all back so that it doesn't
> > >  * look dreadful when we exit (particularly if e.g. a progress bar is being
> > >  * displayed).
> >
> > The GTK+ plugin probably does not handle this properly and would require
> > some adjustments…
>
> You mean with the progress bar, or something else? I confess I haven't
> actually looked, but I'd have thought that the GTK+ plugin creates a new
> window and so doesn't suffer from any of these problems.

I meant being called during a "progress", yes.  I am unsure on how the
plugin will react… but we'll figure out once you will have made progress
on re-adding support for manual package selection. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism