Re: [RFC] Patch to disable GTK in installer images

Hello Frans,

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> I guess I did it but would be nice to have a review on the patch
>> before commiting it. My idea is to commit it and upload installer.
>> Once installer is built in all arches revert it back to force testing
>> of GTK frontend in daily images again.
>
> I suggest not removing the targets from the MEDIUM_SUPPORTED lines, but
> commenting them out (or maybe even better: duplicate the existing lines,
> comment one out and modify the other).
> In general I would not remove anything, but comment out lines instead (with
> an added comment why).

I removed then since it will be a patch added for a very small perid
of time and then a revert will be done. In fact I'll keep it reverted
here to push after we believe installer for A1 is done.

> I think the changes for xen are all wrong. In all cases you still need to
> define a TYPE, and for cdrom-xen.cfg you also still need EXTRATARGETS.
>
> You look to have completely missed the changes needed for
> i386/cdrom-xen.cfg and i386/netboot-xen.cfg.

Those was the ones I had doubt about. Thanks by clarify them. Will
look at it and send a new version.

> Did you actually try an all_build and check the results for i386 and amd64?
> Somehow I doubt it.

I did for amd64.

New patch later today or tomorrow.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br