Re: Automatic installation and disk encryption

On Thursday 19 November 2009, Maxime wrote:
> In sda2 I want to have a Volume Group (LVM) which must contain all
> others partitions:
>
> sda2 - Luks partition
> 	-> LVM (VolumeGroup)
> 		-> Logical Volume -> /
> 		-> Logical Volume -> /var
> 		-> Logical Volume -> /usr
> 		-> Logical Volume -> /opt
> 		-> Logical Volume -> /home
> 		-> Logical Volume -> /usr/local
> 		-> Logical Volume -> swap
>
> Do you know if partman-auto can do this type of partitioning?
> I don't see anything about this in the recipe documentation.

This is extremely close to what existing recipes set up when you
choose "encrypted LVM" + "separate /home, /usr, etc. partitions". So, yes,
it is very much possible. You just need to create a custom version of
the "multi" recipe and make sure that that is available in the correct
directory and then select it. Or you can define the recipe in your preseed
file as documented in the installation guide.

Cheers,
FJP