Re: Avoiding display of console-setup dialogs during base-installation

On Sunday 15 November 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> I've just committed the following patch for kbd-chooser (which is
> currently responsible for installing console-setup). The patch sets the
> seen flag for the keyboard variant debconf question to avoid its display
> during base-installer.
>
> The line that sets the value to an empty string is needed because you
> cannot set the seen flag for a question that does not yet exist. An
> empty value does not interfere with setting the value by c-s itself (and
> there is no risk that the question already exists through preseeding,
> otherwise the existence of the question would need to be tested first).

OK, this does not work after all. At least for Lenny installs the empty
value *does* interfere with the configuration and results in Afghanistan
(the first option) being selected.

The test yesterday with Squeeze looked OK, so this may be specific to
Lenny. I'll investigate further and report back.