Re: [d-i on kfreebsd] quick status report

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:01:28PM +0200, Luca Favatella wrote:
> On 06/08/2009, Luca Favatella <slackydeb@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > The kfreebsd debian-installer port did a lot of progress.
> > Among basic features it only misses grub-installer.
>
> Now it works.
> Thanks to all people helping on mailing lists and IRC.

Nice to hear that.  I have yet to test it.

Btw, keep in mind the upcoming switch to gpt labels.  Once disks become
larger than 2 TiB, msdos labels aren't usable, and D-I automatically uses
gpt to partition the drive.

You can simulate this by running D-I in expert mode (it will ask which
disk label to use), or by creating a virtual disk larger than 2 TiB (qcow
image files can represent a disk that's larger than your filesystem).

--
Robert Millan