Re: test of makefs in kfreebsd d-i

Luca Favatella dixit:

>* a screenshot of the problem I get in the (monolithic) image built
>  using makefs

Ok, I see now (forwarded to workplace):

I think you really should RTFM. There are quite some options:

     -f free-files
           Ensure that a minimum of free-files free files (inodes) exist in
           the image. An optional '%' suffix may be provided to indicate that
           free-files indicates a percentage of the calculated image size.

     -o fs-options
           avgfpdir      Expected number of files per directory.
           density       Bytes per inode.

cf. http://www.mirbsd.org/htman/i386/man8/makefs.htm

I’d say your best bet is to use -f without ‘%’ – you should know beforehand
though roughly how many new inodes (symlinks, devices (probably not, due to
devfs), temp files) you’ll need; they’re allocated in groups, so a guessti-
mate is okay.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant