Re: Custom dialog during install?

> I have a need to prompt user for input during the installation using d-i. I
> have done quite a bit of searching but I don't seem to find the right words
> to actually find a solution. I came across this thread:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/09/msg01078.html Which suggest I
> would need to create a custom udeb for it, or create the templates on the
> fly. As I need only a very basic question/answer I'd rather do it
> on-the-fly, however I did not find the solution from the web page linked
> from that answer.
>
> What would be the best place to look for examples to create this kind of
> simple dialog from the script run as late_command?

The way I got a custom dialog was reading this[1] to know how to create a udeb.
Then I hacked how simple-cdd-profiles[2] udeb package is loaded into
d-i and how it loads
a debconf template. Basically simple-cdd-profiles udeb is loaded by:

d-i preseed/early_command string anna-install simple-cdd-profiles

in a preseed file. Once added to d-i (installed) it's postinst script
calls "debconf-loadtemplate"[3].
I used this way and it still working quite well.

regards
Lucas Brasilino

[1] http://www.fifi.org/doc/debconf-doc/tutorial.html
[2] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/simple-cdd-profiles