Re: Please build Debian uploads from a Debian system

On Friday 24 July 2009, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> I am sorry I have done this upload. Contrary to what is said in the
> subject, it has been built within a sid chroot, but at some point I
> mistakenly installed eglibc 2.10 in the chroot instead of in my main
> system.
>
> I'll do a binNMU on amd64 to fix that.

OK, thanks. Colin is right that you should always make sure the signed off
is correct, not only to get the "blame" (and credits) right, but also the
release date and time. Using 'dch -r' when preparing an upload should
ensure that.
Please follow the instructions in installer/doc/devel/package-upload.txt.
D-I does have special upload requirements, also because of its
translation infrastructure.

Colin: I'm very sorry sorry for the incorrect blame, but IMO relying on
the changelog is not unreasonable.

Cheers,
FJP