Re: Hinting console-setup for testing?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:18:16PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Yesterday, we discussed about requesting a hint to the release team
> for console-setup 1.44 to enter testing.
>
> Anton, would there be objections to this?

None from me.  But no matter how we feel about it, #532842 means that
1.44 is breaking the law and this is realy not good.

One solution I am thinking is to put some information in
debian/copyright.  Also one needs to check whether the following line

# This file is distributed under the same license as debian-installer

is compatible with what it was before (what does "license of d-i" mean?):

# This file is distributed under the same license as the console-setup package.

Also the lines

# Copyright (C) 2003 Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

are completely wrong - not only for the translations coming from
console-setup, but also for the translations from d-i, unless the
translators have sent to SPI a copyright transfer document.

Anton Zinoviev