Re: remastering ISOs to append boot options

MaTa, le Wed 15 Jul 2009 22:40:28 +0200, a écrit :
> 2009/7/15 Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>
> >   > I have installed Debian in SunFire V120 (Sparc maquine with RJ-45 connector
> >   > "serial console") through hyperterminal with the standard Debian installation
> >   > CD
> >   >
> >   > A possible alternate way can be a preseed installation (a preconfigured file)
> >
> >   Ok, but how do you proceed?  Don't you need to either pass options to
> >   the kernel or prepare a particular image with the preseed config file?
>
> The preseed file it's "only" a text file with options that you can choose in
> installer predefined in a file. To install a system using it needs to
> "remaster" de CD with a little modification in boot options and include the
> preseed file. It's no very complicated

That's precisely my point.  You are saying it's not very complicated,
but it's not very trivial either (no need to give me info, it's already
in the wiki etc), while I think it could be trivialized with a few
helper tools, I'm just wondering where such tools could be maintained
and advertized.

Samuel